Thursday, May 19, 2011

we are not poor

Found out about a site today priceofsex.org watched the preview & cried, felt useless. Then watched the multimedia series & woah!!! That broke me even more. I realised how blessed I really am & in this country how rich we really are. I just hopped into my bed with clean sheets & just my hubby & thought how lucky am I that this is my life. I'm in control of my day, what I do, where I go. Everything. We don't realise what we have until we see someone who doesn't have it & then we know. Know that all that complaining that we do is selfish in the big picture.

I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything but I can do something - Mother Teresa

“Speak up for the people who have no voice,
for the rights of all the down-and-outers. Speak out for justice!
Stand up for the poor and destitute!” Proverbs 31:8-9

...And what does the lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

I ask please take the time to watch the multimedia series. Watch these real people with real stories & be thankful for what you have. And ask yourself what you can do...

No comments:

Post a Comment