Wednesday, May 4, 2011

i love cooking

i had to say it, i love cooking. anything yummy that's going to put a smile on my family or friends faces. food is what i am sure keeps the world going around. today my daughter and i did some cooking, i love watching her try to sneak a taste..
its like Gods word, full of yummy treats and vegies (those bits that aren't the tastiest but we so need it). i found this verse in Amos of all places chapter 4 verse 6 "You know, don't you, that I'm the one who emptied your pantries and cleaned out your cupboards, who left you hungry and standing in bread lines? but you never got hungry for me. you continued to ignore me." God's decree WOW i love that its even about food..it was a jump off the page verse for me..in all the pain, loneliness and frustration God was trying to get my attention..to tell me that only He can fulfill me, only He can heal me..only Him. so loving..full of mercy and grace.
may i always be hungry for him..

No comments:

Post a Comment